Saturday, May 12, 2012

Too all the moms...but mostly mine!

Happy Mothers Day!!!
(its technically tomorrow, but you deserve two days!)

Lets just start off with a few pictures of my beautiful mother

And there is my pretty little sister!!



The 3 amigo's

My sweet mom and dad, 26 years of marriage and great example!!


Dana Hardy Yeates is a mother and wife to 4 children and a husband... That at times can all be a pain in her butt I am sure!

She is the most understanding woman that I know, who has taught me that patience is necessary in life. She has raised us, along with my dad, to be independent, understanding, and to "stick to our guns." She has brought us up in the gospel and has taught us that having god and the priesthood in our life is not only a huge blessing, but we would be lost in the world with out its guidelines and teachings. I know that she has a testimony and love for our savior.

My mom is the most caring and loving person I know, she has a huge heart and anyone who knows or meets her would agree with me. She has a hard time ever saying no to people because its in her nature to want to help anyone in need!

She is very sweet don't get me wrong, but my mom has a fiesty stubborn streak... ( if you havent guessed by now, thats where I got mine from). It isn't a bad thing to have, she has always got what she wanted because she worked hard and never settled for anything less than that! She has taught me that I have to value myself and know what I deserve to truely be happy in life.

I can easily say that my mom is my bestfriend, along with my little sister madison. She has always been there for me, to give me advice, sometimes not what I want to hear, but what needs to be said. To listen, I call her at least twice a day and she just listens to any little thing I feel like telling her. Sheis there as supporter of whatever us kids want to do, wether it be dancing, wrestling, any sport we wanted to try, or random stuff like when I thought I wanted to be a figure skater or a rodeo cowgirl.. Even though she knew it was just a phase, she drove me and my cousin to the ice rink or over to the little bear river arena to ride horses. My parents have been my number one fans my whole life, rooting for me too win or succeed in anything obstacle I have tried to tackle. Having support like that has made me the woman I am today.

 She has been a mother in every sense of the word, caring, nurturing, raising us with TLC!
Getting older I have truely realized how lucky I am to have amazing parents that I do, and to have a close relationship with both of them. I am thankful every day for that. I and my siblings have made our fair share of mistakes and oops moments. My mom has been there for us through all of them, even when she probably wanted to just shake us and say "What where you thinking??" She instead tried to explain to us why it was a mistake and that we knew better. My parents raised us with trust and freedom to make our own decisions and only asked that we listen to their advice.

My mother is strong and amazing and I can't wait to become a mother, not only to stive to be half as good as she is, but to have my children grow up with her as their grandmother!


I love you mom!!











No comments:

Post a Comment