Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The dreaded gym...

Awh the gym... crawling with muscle heads, girls with poofy hair and too much make up on, the creepers with staring problems, and people who have no idea what they are doing, but act like they do.. There are always the old men who hit on you or the young boys who try. The girls who work out like guys and vice versa. The girls who dont work out at all and the mirror obsessed. There are the loud and obnoxious or the " Are you finished with that machine" kind of people.. The gym is a great place to run into all kinds of creatures..

Does any of this stop you from going to the gym?
Or does the fear of being one of these people keep you out of such a great place??


DONT LET IT.. The first time I went to golds gym I remember carefully picking out what I was going to wear and even made sure I had the kind of socks that dont show under my running shoes.. cause you know thats really nerdy.. I walked in thinking that I was making a grand entrance and to be honest maybe 4 out of the 50 people there even looked up.. was I dissappointed, NO! Pure relief is the feeling I felt because I could go and work out in peace. I got over the idea that I was going to impress anybody and I started going to workout for myself!


Why am I telling you this?? Because you have to get over the whole "I am going to the gym so other people can notice me working out" or to do the thing we are all guilty of, critisizing others who are also there thinking the same thing as us. Now I go the gym with shorts and a t shirt I grabbed in the dark and when I get there I put my head phones on and literally ( sounds lame typing it but its true) I get in my "zone". You shouldnt care if people are staring at you or if others are there to just look pretty and not sweat a single drop. It shouldnt matter if some creepy old man wants to run next to you the whole time your on the treadmill or if the cute guy at the fountain wants to ask you out..  Let them do what they want to do and you do what your there to do!

If their watching, let them watch but dont let it change how you work out. Dont work harder for anyone else but yourself. When you get ready to go to the gym, dress in what your going to feel your most comfortable in. As for your hair.. if you plan on working out dont put yourself through hell with your hair down!! I know that no one likes the feeling of sweaty gross hair sticking to your neck, pull it up and I promise you will feel so much better!! Who cares if you have a crazy messy out of control bun on your head!!

As for music, work out to whatever gets you pumped up! Everyone is different and somedays you will just be feeling different things, just go with the flow! If you have pandora or some kind of app like that, use it!! Thats what they make it for! Music is huge to me when I work out, when I forget my head phones or my phone is dead, my work out almost feels ruined! If you cant get inspired, try signing up for www.rockmyrun.com! its an awesome site that has mixes that are made to pump you up during a workout!

I guess with this post I just want to try and change peoples mind about getting to the gym! Dont let all those excuses keep you from a good work out, you can only do so much at your house with your 5lb weights! (not saying that it doesnt help to work out at home) Get in your zone and work hard, dont pay attention to anyone else but yourself. Focus on what your doing and what you want to achieve that day. I always go to the gym with a goal in mind, it helps me focus and gives me something to work for!

Have confidence in yourself!!
Go out and get to it!!






3 comments:

  1. Soo... I wrote a comment a few days ago and it's not here. Weird. Just wanted to tell you I saw your blog update on FB and followed it here. This is amazing! I've been watching your weight loss and everything you've been doing and it's amazing! I love this post especially. I've been working out 6 days a week for a few weeks now and I'm still self conscience about going to the gym (I just have a small one at work). I'm always hoping no one else is there and when someone is there I'm like "crap! when else can I work out now?" But instead of walking away, I just walk in, put my earphones in and do my thing. Thanks for posting this and you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I am just barely seeing your comment... sorry I am still a newbie!! haha I am glad you can go in and do your thing girl : ] Keep it up!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete