Thursday, June 28, 2012

Your fridge... best friend or enemy?

Lets talk food.. My favorite thing ever... almost, besides my family, my boyfriend and my puppies!

Changing how I ate was probably the hardest thing I did, and its not because I ate junk food and drank pop and ate out all the time, I actually ate decent! I struggled with my portions and eating too fast. I learned alot from a book I read called " Skinny Bitches" The book had alot of good reading and some stuff I didnt totally agree with or care to read about.

One of the biggest things for me was my fridge, it was my place to go to when I was bored and feeling snacky. It was filled with all kinds of packaged and processed food that I could heat quickly and inhale even quicker. I read about all the chemicals and preservatives that they add to our food to make it last longer and how it affects our bodies and minds and it totally left me freaked out!

I took an hour one day and I completely wiped my fridge and cupboards of anything that was packaged and processed aside from a few essential things. Like Nutella... haha

I then went to the store and purchased fresh foods. Lots of colorful food that goes bad after a few days because it is in a natural state.  I keep water jugs and coconut milk in my fridge to sip on. I have things that I can eat when I am feeling hungry that wont leave me feeling heavy and sluggish afterwords. I love to eat, and love to enjoy what I am eating, so I try all kinds of things, if I don't like stuff... then I dont buy it again. If I find something I love, I keep a few in my fridge so I always have something that sounds good.

Its perfectly fine to snack, infact its encouraged, it helps keep your metabolism going all day! Its just important you snack on things that digest in your body and that fill you up! Fruit is always yummy, and my favorite veggies to snack on, carrots with organic dill dip or celery with natural peanut butter!!  I learned a trick, if you feel hungry drink a glass of water and wait 20 minutes, if your still hungry after, then eat something, if your not hungry then you were just thristy and your body was telling you that and you confused it for hunger.

Just remember that whatever is in your house, you will eat so keep it clean and fresh and healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment